The following is a response to a post on http://sarahhively.blogspot.com/
I completely agree with Sarah! I am definitely an advocate for the idea that it is the responsibility of the teacher to provide opportunities for students to learn about advances in technology and give students the tools to become successful competitors for jobs in today’s market. I think it is ESSENTIAL for future teachers to remember that every child deserves an excellent education; we are there for the students.
In the video called “A Vision of K-12 Students Today” there was a brief mention about the fact that parents can use e-mail, but rarely know about any other advances in technology. That is where the teachers step in and must teach the students about those advances. Many people joke about the fact that their grandparents and parents have issues when it comes to texting and complicated computer work. While this may be okay for them, young people must have the knowledge and skills to use technology in a competitive job market. I look forward to becoming more computer literate so that I can help my future students with these skills.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment